Steps to safely rid your pet and home of fleas:
- Wash all bedding, blankets and rugs in HOT, soapy water – this will kill any fleas or eggs residing in them!
- Wash your pet with warm water and shampoo containing tea tree oil, oregano oil, or other natural insect repellents.
- Rub diatomaceous earth (food grade) onto any carpets or upholstery, as well as on your pet’s fur. Be careful not to inhale any and keep away from your pet’s eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Spray a natural flea repellent on furniture, bedding, carpets, and any pets in your household. Look for ones containing citronella, tea tree oil, or oregano oil!
- Continue to examine your pet’s coat with a flea comb daily, and keep away from other animals until the infestation is under control to avoid spreading those pesky fleas to anyone else’s pet.
- Repeat steps as needed in order to stop the fleas’ life cycle.
We have a selection of safe, natural flea repellents to choose from at Rascals Pet Market!